Download the waiver for all competitors by clicking on this PDF icon
Please note, insurance for this event covers ‘event management public liability only’ and does not insure against personal injuries by participants. It is strongly recommended all participants seek third party insurance for this type of cover. By entering this competition you agree to this condition of entry.
KING OF BURLEIGH HILL 2019
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
1. King of Burleigh Hill 2019 (Event) is run by Sassaffair Event Management, ABN: 78 215 950 042. As part of the 2019 Vodafone Gold Coast 600.
2. Information found on web and via email on how to enter and prizes given form part of these Terms and Conditions of Participation (Terms). By completing the online registration form, you agree to be bound by these Terms and represent that you, the driver, and each of the pit crew (Team) satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
3. You are only eligible to participate in the Event if:
(a) you are an Australian resident aged 7 years or over as at 20thOctober 2019 (Event Day) all individuals under the age of 18 as at the Event Day will be required to have the signed permission of a legal guardian before participating. This legal guardian MUST be present at the event to oversee the child’s participation;
(b) you have no relationship with Sassaffair Event Management or any associated business to this event
(c) on the Event Day, you (and your parent or guardian, if applicable) and each member of the Team have completed the Participant Disclaimer form provided by Sassaffair Event Management.
(d) Drivers must fit into the vehicle and be able to operate the steering and brakes.
(e) Drivers/riders must wear a helmet designed to Australian Standards, closed in shoes, long pants and a long sleeve shirt with gloves. Elbow pads and kneepads are highly recommended. Drivers MUST take all reasonable precaution to protect their own safety.
(f) Drivers/riders MUST follow all instructions and directions given by marshals and course volunteers or risk disqualification.
(g) Teams/individuals must be registered for the event prior to the 18thof October 2019 and driver’s details, including age, must be supplied as part of registration. Registration can be made by visiting:
4. Sassaffair Event Management reserves the right to verify the email address and any other details you have provided and to require proof of age, identity and/or other provided details at any time at its discretion. In the event of any dispute, entries containing an invalid incorrect data regarding your age or contact details will be deemed ineligible.
5. All Billy Carts must meet these specific requirements. An inspection of each Cart will be done on the event day by the Sassaffair Event Management’s safety team.
(a) the Billy Cart must be gravity powered with NO engines, stored power or external energy sources (e.g. engines, gas, batteries, electrical cords, catapults, afterburners) can be used;
(b) maximum width is 1.2m;
(c) maximum height is 2.0m;
(d) maximum length is 3.0m;
(e) maximum weight is 50kg (excluding the driver);
(f) Billy Carts must have fully functioning brakes and steering working on at least two of the wheels, functioning independently of the steering. Breaking with body parts such as hands and feet will NOT be accepted.
(h) modified prefabricated cars, kit cars and vehicles are not allowed; Billy Carts should be homemade.
(i) Billy Carts must have two wheels at the front and two at the rear with no sharp edges.
(j) The driver’s feet must rest on the front bar of the Billy Cart or a fixed footrest behind the front axle of the Cart. Billy Carts must have two axles.
(k) Bodywork must not contain glass (non-glass windscreens are permitted).
(l) Seating is to be in upright position facing forward and feet first. Seat must be fixed.
(m) Push start is not necessary due to a start ramp. Two Team members are permitted in to the starting area to assist the driver to load the Billy Cart in to the starting position.
Sassaffair Event Management accepts no responsibility for the failure of a Billy Cart to pass the safety scrutineering and by passing a Billy Cart in the safety inspection Sassaffair Event Management is not warranting or representing the safety or appropriateness of the Billy Cart. Sassaffair Event Management’s decision on acceptability of Billy Cart is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
On The Day
6. All Team members/individuals must abide by these to be permitted to participate:
(a) Drivers/riders must be ready and available to race at check-in time. Races will not be delayed for missing or late-to-the-event drivers/riders.
(b) Carts are to be dropped at the drop-off zone a minimum of half an hour prior to their race start time for the safety team to inspect and clear the Cart. An “inspected” sticker will then be placed on the Cart to allow the driver to then compete.
(c) All Teams/individuals must be ready 15 minutes before announced race times. Teams will be marshalled and will proceed to the pre-race assembly area when the race is called. Start line marshal will then direct you in to the start area. For billy carts only the driver and two other Team members are allowed in this start area.
7. If any parts of the Billy Cart fall off during the Event, the Participant may be disqualified, in the absolute discretion of Sassaffair Event Management. The Team are responsible for the safe keeping and transport to and removal of their Billy Cart from the Event. Sassaffair Event Management accepts no responsibility for the recovery of any part of the Billy Cart. Therefore Participants should not use anything they are not prepared to lose.
Competition Phase – Billy Cart specific
8. Members of Teams whose Billy Carts pass the safety scrutineering will be permitted to participate in the Event (Participants). Teams may have no more than three (3) Participants including the driver. Only Team members listed in the official Registration Form will be permitted to participate in the Event.
9. Each Team must have one (1) nominated driver – co-drivers are not permitted.
10. On the Event Day, all Participants will be judged purely on their speed to complete the course. The following will be held for each of the three categories:
(a) Heats – two Carts at a time against each other – the eight (8) Carts with the fastest time of completion will move to the quarterfinals
(b) Quarter-Finals – top eight (8) Carts will move to quarterfinals with 4 races of two Carts per race – this will be a head to head where winner from each race moves to semi-finals.
(c) Semi-Finals - top four (4) Carts will move to semi-finals with 2 races of two Carts per race - this will be a head to head where winner from each race moves to grand-finals.
(d) Grand-Finals - top two (2) Carts will move to grand-finals with one race of two Carts - the first Cart over the finishing line will be crowned the ‘King of Burleigh Hill’ for their category
Competition Phase – All races
11. Participants acknowledge that the Event is a dangerous activity that may result in injury or death, and participate at their own risk. Participants must: (i) not have any heart condition or history thereof, or other medical conditions that would make it dangerous to participate in the Event; (ii) not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (iii) comply with all directions of Sassaffair Event Management and other businesses associated with this event at all times; (iv) wear all safety and other equipment required as outlined in ‘specifications’ section above; (v) meet all requirements outlined in the ‘specifications’ section above; (vi) only race on the specified race track in accordance with Sassaffair Event Management’s or other Event organisers’ directions
12. Sassaffair Event Management and other Event organisers, in their absolute discretion, at all times reserve the right to: (a) prevent any Participant from participating in the Event if, at any time, they reasonably believe that the Participant poses a safety risk or for any other reason, including but not limited to, acting in a manner which is likely to bring Sassaffair Event Management and/or any other Event organiser into disrepute, or is likely to cause harm to Participants, Sassaffair Event Management’s or other Event organiser’s employees, contractors or volunteers, or any other third party; and (b) cancel the Event if the conditions are deemed dangerous or in any other way unsuitable. If the Event is varied for any reason beyond the control of Sassaffair Event Management it may not be rescheduled and no compensation will be offered.
13. Prizes include title of the 2019 ‘King/Queen of Burleigh Hill’ for their nominated category
14. Tied result for the above prizes specified in condition 12: In the event of a tie, where two contestants cross the finish line at the same time the race will be held again until a clear winner is achieved
15. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, Sassaffair Event Management, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
16. Sassaffair Event Management reserves the right to change these Terms and any other Event rules from time to time and such changes will be available on
17. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the Contestants, Participants or eventual winners. Sassaffair Event Management’s decision in relation to all matters pertaining to this promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Sassaffair Event Management collects personal information in order to conduct the Event and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers. By entering the Event, unless otherwise advised by the entrant, each entrant consents to the information they submit with their entry being entered into a database and Sassaffair Event Management may use this information in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, without restriction, and without any further reference or payment or other compensation to the entrant. All personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of Sassaffair Event Management. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to
19. It is a condition of entry that each Team member agrees that their image, and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the promotion (including but not limited to as part of the Event), may be broadcast and/or published by Sassaffair Event Management or SuperFest in any media, including but not limited to, television, radio, internet, newspapers, magazines, or any other advertising or marketing in connection with this promotion and/or any future event, and the Team members will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
20. If this Event is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sassaffair Event Management, Sassaffair Event Management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Event, as appropriate, without responsibility or liability for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to any person.
21. Without in any way limiting any other provision in these Terms, and except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Sassaffair Event Management and any other Event organisers (including their respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage to property (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Event, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Sassaffair Event Management’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms;
(d) if the Event is cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Sassaffair Event Management; or
(e) participation in the Event.
---------- end of document ----------